Pirate Brethren Online
BEWARE!! Thar be sharks in these waters swabbie!
Below be some of arr favorite websites to visit
among the pirate brotherhood and beyond, sailing
in the vast cyber seas... the adventure begins!
* Age of Pirates - Features biographies of various famous pirates, pirate-themed games and jokes.
* Beej's Pirate Image Archive - Still the best source on the web for historic and classic pirate graphics.
* Bilgemunky.com - A humorous and informative pirate site.
* The Bilge Pumps - They be a good sounding fun bunch of scurvy blokes.
* Chris Collingwood Historic Art - The official web site and gallery of one of todays best military themed artists.
* The Crimson Pirate - Historical Pirates - Has lots of good info and biographies.
* Gentlemen of Fortune - Site was crafted by Pirate Reenactors to help portray the men and women of the golden age period.
* Golden Age of Piracy - Has several good pirate biographies.
* International Talk Like a Pirate Day - Arrggh! I'm surrounded by bloomin' rugrats with a speech impediment... shiver me timbers.
* Isle of Tortuga - Site provides a general pirate history of old.
* Jolly Roger - Pirate History - With short biographies of some of the more famous pirates.
* Morningstar - Not about pirates but one of my favorite places on the internet to explore anyway.
* Pieces of Eight - A guide to 17th century piracy.
* Piracy - Noonsite.com - Latest reports of attacks or suspicious incidents from around the world.
* Pirates! - A National Geographic magazine site created for kids.
* The Pirate's Hold - Contains one of the largest collections of original pirate biographies.
* Piratesinfo.com - Contains a wealth of knowledge about pirates.
* Pirates of the Caribbean - Excellent site with some detailed historical pirate information.
* Pirates & Privateers - Explores the history of pirates and privateers from ancient times to the present.
* The Pirate's Realm - Very informative site which includes information about ships, flags, weapons, and tactics. Also has short playable online games.
Pirate Storm: Brief History of Pirates - Offers some general info on the subject.
Pirate Surgeon's Journals - Unique site written by a re-enactor.
The Piracy Watch - About Keepin' up with modern piracy.
P.U.B.C.A.T - Homepage for this re-enactment group based in Scotland.
The Pyracy Pub - A chat forum about piracy topics.
Sea Thieves Pirate Association - Website by re-enactors, with some good lifestyle tips.
* Shanties and Sea Songs - Great source for these old songs of the sea.
St. Augustine Pirate University - Think you know what it takes to be a pirate? Test your salty skills here.
* The Way Of The Pirates - Plenty of information about the famous pirates, piracy throughout history, and details about pirate’s life and fiction.
Museums and Nautical Sites
* Expedition Whydah - About the shipwreck Whydah, lost in a storm off Cape Cod. She was the ship of the infamous pirate Sam Bellamy.
* Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum - Shipwrecks along the North American east coast.
* Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum - Featuring shipwreck and diving exhibits, located in the upper peninsula of Michigan on Whitefish Point. Learn about Lake Superior lighthouses, great lakes shipwrecks and much more.
* Hong Kong Maritime Museum - Displays galleries which portray the development of boats, ships, maritime exploration and trade, and naval warfare.
* Los Angeles Maritime Museum - Galleries of exhibits exploring the maritime history of Southern California.
* The Mariners Museum - Located in Newport News, VA
* Maritime Museums - Master Index of Maritime Museum Websites
* Mystic Seaport - All about the historical port and museum in Mystic, Connecticut.
* Naval and Maritime Museums: Australia - Offers alphabetical list of museums in country.
* New England Pirate Museum - Located in historic Salem, Massachusetts.
* The Old Coast Guard Station - Museum housed in a former Coast Guard/Service Station in Virginia Beach. Offers information on exhibits and the museum's research library.
Pirates: Royal Museums Greenwich - Has wealth of pirate facts and info.
* The Port Royal Project - Excellent site about the archaeological investigation of the sunken city.
* Sailing Navies 1650-1850 - Features information about various aspects of naval operations.
* San Diego Maritime Museum - Homeport of the "Star of India"
* San Francisco Maritime Nat'l Hist. Park - Contains information about regional nautical history.
* Scottish Maritime Museum - Features exhibits and collections of maritime and shipbuilding history from the 18th century onwards.
* Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum - Exhibits ship models, paintings and maritime antiques. Founded in 1966 and located in Savannah, Georgia.
* Silver Bank - National Geographic site on shipwrecks.
* St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum - History museum dedicated to the exploits of Caribbean pirates.
* Treasure Pirates of the Whydah - Interesting hunt for sunken treasure ships.
* USS Constitution Museum - A site devoted to "Old Ironsides".
* Vancouver Maritime Museum - The principal maritime museum on the Pacific Coast of Canada and this areas link to maritime history, art, culture and technology.
* Wisconsin Maritime Museum - A great place to learn, play and explore the rich maritime history of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region.
Pirate Traders and Merchants
* Dress Like A Pirate.com - Wrap yer booty inside their quality pirate and renaissance re-enactment costumes. Also have jewelry, weapons, pewterware and gifts.
* Flappin' Flags - Hoist yer colors high with one of their grand pirate or nautical creations.
* Forecastle Treasures - Mainly about selling coins and treasure from the "Atocha" shipwreck.
* G Gedney Godwin Online Catolog - 17th and 18th century style clothing and weapons. Also musical and medical instruments.
* Good Tidings Nautical Gifts - Thar be more seafarin' gear here then in Davy Jones Locker.
* International Shanty and Seasong Association - Sounds ta make even a soggy sea rodent smile... ARRGGGH!!
* Majestic Velvets - Offers high quality, authentic, custom-made Renaissance and Pirate wear. Perfect for renaissance faires, SCA, historic weddings or that first time meeting the in-laws... ARRGGGH!!
* Pirates Cave - Replica's and full functional historical weapons and gear. Celtic rings and bracelets, leather belts and more.
* The Pirate's Lair - Nautical tableware, silverware, furniture, and home furnishings. Pirate's chests, sea chests, and much more.
* Piratemerch.com - Sells shirts, flags and gifts.
* Pirate Mod - Skull & crossbones T shirts, tank tops and other collectibles. With a well designed website ta boot.
* Pirates Plunder - Tis a sweet haven for all yer pirate needs.
* The Renaissance Store - Period weapons, clothing, jewelry, books and music. Well worth a look.
* SCA Boots - Stagger around like a real pirate in there fine lookin' footware.
* Specialty Emporium's Pirate Novelties - Jolly Roger flag decals, patches, mini stickers, pirate door hangers and property signs. Even have BBQ and hot sauce with the familiar skull and crossed bones on the label.
* Teach's Hole - Very good pirate speciality shop. Sells pirate books, toys, flags, t-shirts, hats, jewelry, maps, art, music, and party supplies. All the gear any serious scallywag worth their salt could ever want.
* Treasure Net - Treasure search, recovery, preservation, books, maps, magazines, associations, etc.
* The Wenches Wardrobe - Renaissance Garb to live the life.
* Woodchests.com - Nautical chests, trunks, and boxes. Pirates cove section contains clothing and costumes, flags, treasure maps, hats, glassware, pub signs, and party supplies.
* Ye Olde Tattoo Shoppe - Pirate tattoo/piercing shoppe with custom pirate jewelry. Located at Studio City Tattoo in Los Angeles. To impress that favorite wench you need ta show yer true colors... ARRGGGH!!
Lookin' to pillage more loot matey?
Then check out these other links on
my pirate biographies page here
This Webpage Was Last Updated On: May 22, 2016
Copyright © 2000-2016 Brethren of the Coast. All Rights Reserved.