Composer/performer credits for the random music
on this page can be found within me Sources page.
BEWARE!! Thar be sharks in these waters!
Below be some of me favorite websites to visit
among the pirate brotherhood n' beyond, sailin'
in the vast cyber seas... thee adventure begins!
Pirate Brethren Online
* Beej's Pirate Image Archive - One of the very first web sources for historic and classic pirate graphics.
* Bilgemunky.com - A humorous and informative pirate site.
* Chris Collingwood Historic Art - Site and gallery for one of todays best military themed artists.
* Gentlemen of Fortune - Crafted by Pirate Reenactors to help portray the men and women of the golden age.
* Golden Age of Piracy - New world piracy on the high seas at it's best.
* International Talk Like a Pirate Day - Arrggh! I'm surrounded by bloomin' rug rats with a speech impediment... shiver me timbers.
* Isle of Tortuga - Site provides a general pirate history of old.
* Jolly Roger - Pirate History - With short biographies of some of the more famous pirates.
* Piracy - Noonsite.com - Latest reports of attacks or incidents from around the world.
Pirate 101 - Pirate History and Fun Facts.
* Pirate: A Long, And Scurvy History - Condensed history of piracy thru the ages.
Pirate Chart... X Marks the Spot - Piracy, ships and other info.
* Pirates in the Atlantic World - Pirate life in the Golden Age.
* Pirates! Fact & Legend - Contains a wealth of knowledge about pirates.
* Pirates of the Caribbean - Excellent site with some detailed historical pirate information.
* Pirates & Privateers - Explores the history of pirates and privateers from ancient times to the present.
* The Pirate's Realm - Very informative site includes information about ships, flags, weapons, and tactics.
* Pirate Shipwrecks - History of Piracy - A review of piracy thru the ages.
* Pirate Surgeon's Journals - Unique site written by a re-enactor.
* The Piracy Watch - About Keepin' up with modern piracy.
* The Pyracy Pub - A chat forum about piracy topics.
* Sea Thieves Pirate Association - Website by re-enactors, with some good lifestyle tips.
* Shanties and Sea Songs - Great source for these old songs of the sea.
* Swashbuckling History of Women Pirates - The females who rocked their pirate world.
* Uncommon Mariners - Nice up to date site with a variety of pirate/nautical info.
* The Way Of The Pirates - Piracy throughout history, famous pirates, life and fiction.
Museums and Nautical Sites
* Expedition Whydah - About the shipwreck Whydah, lost in a storm off Cape Cod. She was the ship of the infamous pirate Sam Bellamy.
* Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum - Shipwrecks along the North American east coast.
* Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum - Featuring shipwreck and diving exhibits, located in the upper peninsula of Michigan on Whitefish Point. Learn about Lake Superior lighthouses, great lakes shipwrecks and much more.
* Hong Kong Maritime Museum - Displays galleries which portray the development of boats, ships, maritime exploration and trade, and naval warfare.
* Los Angeles Maritime Museum - Galleries of exhibits exploring the maritime history of Southern California.
* The Mariners Museum - Located in Newport News, VA
* Maritime Museums - Master Index of Maritime Museum Websites
* Mystic Seaport - All about the historical port and museum in Mystic, Connecticut.
* Naval and Maritime Museums: Australia - Offers alphabetical list of museums in country.
* New England Pirate Museum - Located in historic Salem, Massachusetts.
* The Old Coast Guard Station - Museum housed in a former Coast Guard/Service Station in Virginia Beach. Offers information on exhibits and the museum's research library.
* Pirates: Royal Museums Greenwich - Has wealth of pirate facts and info.
* The Port Royal Project - Excellent site about the archaeological investigation of the sunken city.
* San Diego Maritime Museum - Homeport of the "Star of India"
* San Francisco Maritime Nat'l Hist. Park - Contains information about regional nautical history.
* Scottish Maritime Museum - Features exhibits and collections of maritime and shipbuilding history from the 18th century onwards.
* Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum - Exhibits ship models, paintings and maritime antiques. Founded in 1966 and located in Savannah, Georgia.
* St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum - History museum dedicated to the exploits of Caribbean pirates.
* Treasure Pirates of the Whydah - Interesting hunt for sunken treasure ships.
* USS Constitution Museum - A site devoted to "Old Ironsides".
* Vancouver Maritime Museum - The principal maritime museum on the Pacific Coast of Canada and this areas link to maritime history, art, culture and technology.
* Wisconsin Maritime Museum - A great place to learn, play and explore the rich maritime history of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region.
Pirate Traders and Merchants
* Carolina Ships in Bottles - Scrape the barnicles off her bottom with these individually handcrafted pieces.
* Dress Like A Pirate.com - Wrap yer booty inside their quality pirate and renaissance re-enactment costumes. Also have jewelry, weapons, pewterware and gifts.
* Flappin' Flags - Hoist yer colors high with one of their grand pirate or nautical creations.
* Forecastle Treasures - Mainly about selling coins and treasure from the "Atocha" shipwreck.
* G Gedney Godwin Online Catolog - 17th and 18th century style clothing and weapons. Also musical and medical instruments.
* Majestic Velvets - Offers high quality, authentic, custom-made Renaissance and Pirate wear. Perfect for renaissance faires, SCA, historic weddings or that first time meeting the in-laws... ARRGGGH!!
* Pirates Cave - Replica's and full functional historical weapons and gear. Celtic rings and bracelets, leather belts and more.
* The Pirate's Lair - Nautical tableware, silverware, furniture, and home furnishings. Pirate's chests, sea chests, and much more.
* Piratemerch.com - Sells shirts, flags and gifts.
* Pirate Mod - Skull & crossbones T shirts, tank tops and other collectibles. With a well designed website ta boot.
* Pirates Plunder - Tis a sweet haven for all yer pirate needs.
* Pirates Store - Has Costumes and t-shirts.
* The Renaissance Store - Period weapons, clothing, jewelry, books and music. Well worth a look.
* SCA Boots - Stagger around like a real pirate in there fine lookin' footware.
* Shanty UK - Sounds ta make even a soggy sea rodent smile... ARRGGGH!!
* Specialty Emporium's Pirate Novelties - Jolly Roger flag decals, patches, mini stickers, pirate door hangers and property signs. Even have BBQ and hot sauce with the familiar skull and crossed bones on the label.
* StrongBlade - Quality Replicas & Collectibles.
* Teach's Hole - Very good pirate speciality shop. Sells pirate books, toys, flags, t-shirts, hats, jewelry, maps, art, music, and party supplies. All the gear any serious scallywag worth their salt could ever want.
* Treasure Net - Treasure search, recovery, preservation, books, maps, magazines, associations, etc.
* Woodchests.com - Nautical chests, trunks, and boxes. Pirates cove section contains clothing and costumes, flags, treasure maps, hats, glassware, pub signs, and party supplies.
Pirates of Nassau Museum Bahamas
This Webpage Was Last Updated On: Mar 2, 2019
Copyright 2000-2019 Brethren of the Coast. All Rights Reserved.